Will not close/opens twice

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Normally I wouldn't really bother with this but its getting out of hand.

Most of the time Floe will not close, it happens the most when I disconnect the internet and then press X button. Also sometimes Floe opens up twice even though I've only started it once(two processes in Process Explorer).

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I haven't seen this happen, but I'll see what I can find out.

Are you using Vista or Win 7?

When it doesn't close, what happens exactly? Does it just ignore the click on the X, or do you even get the dialog asking if you're sure you want to close?

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I'm on Win7 Ultimate x64. I've checked the option to not ask me if I want to close. When it doesn't close it just sits on the process list until I manually kill it, this ghost state happens the most when I have connection problems(a high amount of lost packets).

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I see; so the window goes away, but the process stays active. It sounds like maybe the thread that handles network activity is waiting for a timeout or something when there are network problems, preventing the process from completely terminating.

I'll see what I can do about more forcefully terminating the hung thread in that situation.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I wasn't able to repro the problem exactly, but I did get the process to hang around longer than usual if I disabled wi-fi before closing it. It usually stuck around for 20-30 seconds. I've fixed that particular issue, so hopefully yours will be fixed as well.