How to search/filter a server's channel list...

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I haven't been able to find a way to search/filter the channel list produced by the /list command. Is such a feature absent? And, if so, would it be possible to include it in future releases?

Also, the user list doesn't seem to identify the Founder/s of a channel (~) nor the Admin/s (&). From the Chatzilla FAQs, I quote: 

• / - Founder - ultimate power. Can do anything to the channel and those within it. Usually represents the user who registered the channel. Only certain networks support founders.
  • / - Admin - a normal operator, but protected from being kicked by anyone except the founder. Only certain networks support admins.
  • / - Operator (op) - the user can grant and revoke operator, half-operator and voice status, change the topic, kick other users and generally control the channel.
  • / - Half-operator (half-op) - the user has the power to moderate the channel, change the topic and kick people, but cannot kick other half-operators nor higher-ranking users, nor can he/she create new operators/half-operators. Only certain networks support half-operators.
  • / - Voice - the user can talk in the channel when it is moderated. Often used to mark people as trusted or helpful without giving them any real power.
  • / - Normal - the user has no special status.

I'm aware that the missing categories are not supported by all networks, but it occurs to me that perhaps Founders and Admins shouldn't appear as just normal users. And while you are at it, could you possibly find a way to discreetly color-code the user list by category? :-)

The points I respectfully bring forth above are small issues, however, and I hope easy to fix. I discovered Floe a few days ago, and have fallen in love with it. Thanks for a much needed, elegant, and comprehensive solution to many of IRC old woes.

C